A 2-part epoxy coating designed to improve efficiency of pumps, pipes, valves and other fluid handling equipment while protecting them from the effects of erosion and corrosion. This high performance product is proven to reduce energy consumption, provide excellent chemical resistance and lower maintenance costs.
Belzona 1341 (Supermetalglide) improves pump efficiency by using hydrophobic technology to repel process fluids and reduce turbulent flow. Efficiency increases of up to 7% have been recorded on new equipment and up to 20% on refurbished equipment.
- Improved efficiency of pumps, pipes, valves and other equipment
- Long-term erosion and corrosion protection
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Suitable for contact with potable water
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Application and cure at room temperature – no hot work involved
- Long working life
- Excellent bonding to metals including stainless steel, duplex steels, carbon steel, aluminium, cast iron and bronze as well as specialist alloys and other materials
Applications for Belzona 1341 (Supermetalglide) include:
- Enhancing performance of centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps
- Protecting pump volutes and impellers from erosion and corrosion
- Internal pipe coatings to increase fluid flow
- Long-term corrosion protection of tube sheets heat exchangers, water boxes and water tanks
- Reducing material hang-up in chutes and hoppers
- Erosion resistant coating for leading edge protection on wind turbine blades.
Belzona 1341 (Supermetalglide) is suitable for contact with potable water as it is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 and satisfies the UK Drinking Water Inspectorate requirements.
|Key technical data:|
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)||40 minutes|
|Time to immersion service at 25°C (77°F)||2 ½ days|
|Coverage rate||1.76 m² (18.9 ft²) / 1 kg at 400 microns (16 mils)|
|Tensile shear adhesion (ASTM D1002)||Mild steel: 26.2 MPa (3,800 psi)|
|Compressive strength (ASTM D695)||57.2 MPa (8,300 psi) at 20°C (68°F) cure|
|Temperature resistance||60°C (140°F) immersed, 130°C (266°F) dry|
|Bonds to||Steel, stainless steel, aluminium, bronze, cast iron and many more|
|Typical applications||Efficiency enhancement coating for fluid flow equipment|
|Unit size||500g, 5kg. Unit sizes may vary locally|